Barack Obama, at a campaign stop in Roanoke, Virginia on July 13:
Here is the full context of what he said:
There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
(H/t Daily Caller)
Spoken by a man who has never created a business and who has never had a job where he had to punch a time clock in his entire life.
Talk about out of touch.
We could go on about how most people who have created successful businesses have done so against nearly impossible odds with limited means, fighting everyday against skepticism, against inertia, against the market, and against government regulations. And we could also mention that most businesses fail, because the hill to climb is simply too hard. However, is it even necessary to say these things?
What is really scary is that he seems to actually believe the nonsense he says.
- Obama: Business owners don’t grow businesses, everyone else does! Or something… (sistertoldjah.com)
- Barack Hussein Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business – You Didn’t Build That – Somebody Else Made It Happen’ (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- President Obama: “If You’ve Got A Business – You Didn’t Build That. Somebody Else Made That Happen” (silverdoctors.com)
- Wow! Barack Obama: “If You’ve Got a Business – You Didn’t Build That! Somebody Else Made That Happen” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obama: If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own (michellemalkin.com)
- Obama to Business Owners: You Didn’t Build That, Somebody Else Made it Happen (lonelyconservative.com)