I was walking through Merdeka Square in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when I heard singing. I drew near to investigate and found this group of boys sitting on some steps. The man in the center explained that the boys were being given lessons in Islam, and that it was kind of like a Muslim Sunday-school group. The song they were singing was about the great Muslim patriarch, Abraham.
- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- A Touch From Heaven
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Memories of Alaska
- Tashkurgan, China: The Treacherous Road to School
- 1936: Man Refuses To Give The Nazi Salute
- The Thick, Black Theory