I was walking through Merdeka Square in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when I heard singing. I drew near to investigate and found this group of boys sitting on some steps. The man in the center explained that the boys were being given lessons in Islam, and that it was kind of like a Muslim Sunday-school group. The song they were singing was about the great Muslim patriarch, Abraham.
- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- “Heard It Through The Grapevine”–Marvin Gaye A Capella Version
- What Can One Dollar Buy Around The World?
- No, I’m Not Sorry for Supporting the Invasion of Iraq
- Momoyama Train Station At Night
- Do You Know How To Kiss A Girl? (1911)
- Headline: “5 Arrested In Math Lab Bust”
- Graphic Of The Year: The Price Of Hamas’ Tunnels
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- The Second Largest Religion Of Each Country (Map)
- A Touch From Heaven
- Memories of Alaska
- No Applause After Obama's Sad, Tired Speech In The Netherlands (Video)
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- Why Thinking Outside of the Box is Overrated
- “The Forgotten Man” by Jon McNaughton, Controversial?