- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Why Thinking Outside of the Box is Overrated
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- All The 1958 Fords
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- Life As A Bridal Minister
- BBC's "Americanisms"--Are they really Americanisms, and is "Americanism" even a word?
- 1936: Man Refuses To Give The Nazi Salute
Author Archives: John Scotus
Since returning to Japan, I have been involved in many projects to earn a living for myself and my family, and as a seminary graduate I sometimes work part-time in Japan’s bridal industry. The bridal industry in Japan has a … Continue reading
Here is a screenshot of a portion of a “personal” email I just received from Mitt Romney: This is fascinating on so many levels. First of all, how did he get my email address? I work fairly hard to keep … Continue reading
Yes, Barack Obama is so cool. I mean, like, he’s black, you know, and I’m so proud that America has a black president, and he’s so cool, and we are all so cool for electing him, and everyone is cool … Continue reading
From the first lady’s Twitter stream: The President & FLOTUS joined millions to #Remember911 with service by assembling backpacks with @KaBOOM volunteers. pic.twitter.com/OpIhhQLIlb — The First Lady (@FLOTUS) September 12, 2014 As in “kaboom”. At this point, it is no … Continue reading
(H/t The Blaze) In my neighborhood in Japan, one dollar can buy 5 ounces of raw pasta, about 2 ounces of raw rice, a bottle of water, 1/4 cup of coffee, or a small candy bar.