- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- When Are You Going To Say, “Enough!”
- I Offended You?
- Nation To Obama: “We Won”
- Obama On Mothers Who Stay Home To Raise The Kids: “That’s Not A Choice We Want Americans To Make”
- Photo of The Day: Boating Down the Hozu River
- Photo of the Day: Train Near Ogoto Onsen
- Life As A Bridal Minister
- A “Personal” Email From Mitt Romney
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Tashkurgan, China: The Treacherous Road to School
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Memories of Alaska
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- DIY Samurai Armor Kit
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Photo Of The Day: A Monkey Amid Cherry Blossoms
- America is not the "Whore of Babylon"
Tag Archives: Asia
It is such an iconic scene. In the old days, the Bund was the financial center of Asia–like modern-day Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo combined. However, while Shanghai is now reascending, the Bund today is little more than a museum … Continue reading
The other day we posted a map of the USA, showing the Google autocomplete results for the question, “Why is [state] so…”. Now, Randal Olsen or Michigan State has published a similar map, but of Asia, using the question, “Why … Continue reading
This 1957 film made by the US Army is a real jewel. This does not really present a true picture of the US military in Japan during that era. My father came to Japan while on R & R from … Continue reading
The NOAA has posted a film loop of China at night, from 1992 to 2010. Here is their photo from 1992: And here is their photo from 2010: It is interesting to look at the countries surrounding China as well. … Continue reading
My first introduction to the thick, black theory was through the book Thick Face, Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu, which I read many, many years ago. The book promised to provide ancient Asian secrets to success, and had recommendations from … Continue reading
Rocket News 24 has a story about a Japanese study guide called, Non-essential English Vocabulary: Words that will never come up in tests. Here is an excerpt from an interview with the author of this study guide, Mr. Nakayama, “I … Continue reading
Related articles Calm seas, ahoy – Halong Bay, Vietnam How to find the best junk boat to explore Halong Bay, Northern Vietnam Halong Bay – Halong Bay, Vietnam Fun Guide to HaLong Bay in Vietnam