- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Why Thinking Outside of the Box is Overrated
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- America is not God's Covenant Nation--Part 1: How God Covenants With a Nation and a People
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- 1920s Ad: Drink Radioactive Water for Your Health
- Why The US Is Still The Number One Economy In The World, And Will Remain So For A Very, Very Long Time
- BBC's "Americanisms"--Are they really Americanisms, and is "Americanism" even a word?
Tag Archives: Christian
This year, in an unusual twist, as Christian song was nominated for an Oscar. It was “Alone Yet Not Alone” from the movie by the same title, performed for the film by Joni Eareckson Tada (yes, Joni). However, in an … Continue reading
Well, 2014 is upon us, and despite all odds we are still here. 2013 saw a decrease in blog traffic. In part, this was a return to normal, as we had a record number of hits in 2012 due to … Continue reading
This is a video of Phil Robertson preaching at Saddleback, apparently just before the brouhaha erupted. He says absolutely nothing that is not being said at thousands of churches in America every Sunday. He also puts to rest any accusation … Continue reading
Report: A&E Put Duck Dynasty On The Air Because They Wanted Us To Laugh At The Robertsons, But Was Surprised When They Became Loved (Updated)
(The family pretty much agrees with what was reported here–make sure you read the update at the end of the post.) This story by the National Catholic Register appears to shed some light on why A&E would dump their most … Continue reading
So, you think you are a hardcore Bible-believer because you named your son Melchizedek and your daughter Hepzibah? You have nothing on the Puritans. When it comes to extreme Christian names, the Puritans were living on the edge. The following … Continue reading
David Shedlock at Caffeinated Thoughts makes an interesting point about 1 Timothy 2: 1-4, which exhorts Christians to pray for their leaders and people in authority. First, here is the Bible passage in question: I exhort therefore, first of all, … Continue reading
Here is the scoop. Last week, a large group ate at an Applebee’s in St. Louis. As per restaurant policy and as noted on the menu, whenever a group of eight or more people eat at the restaurant, an automatic … Continue reading