- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Why Thinking Outside of the Box is Overrated
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- America is not God's Covenant Nation--Part 1: How God Covenants With a Nation and a People
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- 1920s Ad: Drink Radioactive Water for Your Health
- BBC's "Americanisms"--Are they really Americanisms, and is "Americanism" even a word?
- The Boston Tea Party Versus The Modern Tea Party Movement
Tag Archives: Christianity
Yesterday, I was waiting for a train at a distant train station when I found myself cornered by a stranger who wanted to talk. We got on the same train, so the conversation continued for about another hour until he … Continue reading
Once a wealthy African-American had to do business in Miami. After picking up his rental car at the airport, he began to drive downtown. However, as he had never been to Miami, he got lost, and stopped at a service … Continue reading
Whenever I hear people talk of a political or religious leader as being principled, honest, or humble, alarm bells immediately go off in my head. The reason? From bitter experience, I have learned that “principled” people will often do and … Continue reading
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11: 1. Before we can define “faith”, we must first define “hope”, as the Bible says that “faith is the substance of things hoped … Continue reading
Thousands of Christians in Wenzhou, China, have mounted a vigil around their local church in order to protect it from demolition. One would naturally expect a church building in China to be demolished if it belonged to the illegal house-church … Continue reading
It seems that everyone nowadays wants to reinterpret Jesus to suit their own sensibilities or political agendas, and so many people speculating on what Jesus would look like if he came today imagine him somehow as a homeless wretch, a … Continue reading