- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Why Thinking Outside of the Box is Overrated
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- All The 1958 Fords
- Life As A Bridal Minister
- BBC's "Americanisms"--Are they really Americanisms, and is "Americanism" even a word?
- 1936: Man Refuses To Give The Nazi Salute
Tag Archives: God
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11: 1. Before we can define “faith”, we must first define “hope”, as the Bible says that “faith is the substance of things hoped … Continue reading
On November 10, 2013, at the Memorial Church of the Reformation in Speyer, Germany, an interfaith concert was scheduled for the purpose of bringing Islam and Christianity together. The concert was supposed to be opened with a prayer by a … Continue reading
Lately, I’ve been doing my Bible study in Japanese, and I came across Acts 2: 44-47 (I’ll give the Japanese first, as that is how I read it): 信者たちはみないっしょにいて、それぞれの持ち物を分け合い、 金が必要な人には、財産を売り払って与えました。 毎日、神殿できちんと礼拝をし、聖餐の時は、小人数に分かれてめいめいの家に集まり、心から喜びと感謝にあふれて、食べ物を分け合いました。 心から神を賛美する彼らに、町中の人は少なからず好感をいだき、神もまた、救われる者を毎日、仲間に加えてくださいました。 And in English: All who believed were together, … Continue reading
Many years ago, I was invited with a group of Christians to go up to the top of a mountain overlooking Kyoto, Japan, to pray for the city and the people living there. Now, Kyoto is surrounded by mountains on … Continue reading
The post Archetypes, Principalities, And America, ended with a quotation of Ephesians 6: 10-18. After reviewing the Scripture afresh while writing the post, some thoughts came to mind that might be good to share. First, the passage in full: Finally, be … Continue reading
For this post, I am heavily indebted to the work of John and Paula Sandford (their website is here). However, I was exposed to their insights many, many years ago, and no longer have access to their materials, so please … Continue reading
Ages ago, Andrew Sullivan posted a link to this blog (mysteriously), and I got more hits in one day than I had in the previous year. Ever since then, I have been trying to find a way to repay the … Continue reading