- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- A Touch From Heaven
- China may be Rich, but the Chinese People are Very Poor
- Asia According To Google Autocomplete (Map)
- BBC's "Americanisms"--Are they really Americanisms, and is "Americanism" even a word?
- The World's Oldest Swiss Army Knife
Tag Archives: Roman artifact
While the content of this blog was originally conceived as being a commentary on America, ultimately it reflects my own interests–politics, Christianity, photography, Asia, history, and technology. The top posts of this year therefore typify this. Here are 2010’s top … Continue reading
Everyone knows that the first modern Swiss Army knives were produced in the 1890’s. However, the idea must have been around for much longer than that, because this knife is considerably older. What do you think? Two-hundred years old? Four-hundred … Continue reading