Support this site!I've no tip jar, but if you want to help the cause, you can buy my Kindle ebook. Amazon link
- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- America: Where Work Is Punished ...
- Plato and Fascism
- Why The US Is Still The Number One Economy In The World, And Will Remain So For A Very, Very Long Time
- Photo Of The Day: Shiitake Mushrooms
- What was the Real Cause of 9/11?
- Who Killed The Jobs?
- Photo Of The Day: Spring Snow, Shiga, Japan
- A Touch From Heaven
Tag Archives: Ronald Reagan
Avik Roy, commenting on Neal Freeman’s post about the Buckley Rule, attempts to refute the conventional wisdom that support for Barry Goldwater in 1964 was a good thing: This “Goldwater’s defeat begat Ronald Reagan and the conservative movement” thesis is … Continue reading
Dan Reihl has a long, rambling post that needs editing, but that hits the nail on the head as far as conservatism is concerned. Here are some excerpts: Conservatism didn’t dominate for a decade under Reagan because the Right suddenly … Continue reading
A zero-sum game is a game where there must be a winner and there must be a loser. Better yet–a zero-sum game is a game where one person’s winning necessarily entails another person’s losing. Imagine a pie. For one person … Continue reading