- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Graphic Of The Year: The Price Of Hamas' Tunnels
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- The New MLK Statue is a Fine Example of Chinese Communist Iconography
- Headline: "5 Arrested In Math Lab Bust"
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- The Second Largest Religion Of Each Country (Map)
- 1936: Man Refuses To Give The Nazi Salute
- A Touch From Heaven
Tag Archives: Xinjiang
A few days ago, we listed the ten posts that had gotten the most hits since this blog began five years ago. Of course, web traffic is not always an indicator of value. It is more an indicator of topicality. … Continue reading
This is in regards to my last post, “A Confession: I Love Horse“: The Four Season’s Peace Restaurant, serving Kazakh-style horse meat, in Shihezi, Xinjiang, China. Those were the days. (Note once again that no animals were abused or mistreated to … Continue reading
For some reason, a post I wrote almost two years ago has suddenly gone viral. The post is called “Designer Makes Women’s High Heels From Horses’ Hooves” about Iris Schieferstein and her predilection for using animal parts in her designs for … Continue reading