In a country where pirated versions of Photoshop are owned by practically anyone that has a computer, both the shabby attempt to deceive and the shoddy workmanship of the Photoshop artist met with immediate public scorn. The photo was quickly withdrawn. However, it had already been downloaded by many people and the damage was done. Chinese netizens with actual Photoshop ability are now using the photo for their own projects. Here are some examples:
- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Quote Of The Decade
- China’s Glorious New Internet Censorship Theme Song
- The ISIS Air Force?
- Scott Walker’s First Ad For President: “Our American Revival”
- What Kinds Of Food Are The Candidates Serving?
- A Bad Lip Reading of The NFL 2015
- Medieval Armor, For Cats And Mice
- When Are You Going To Say, “Enough!”
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- The New MLK Statue is a Fine Example of Chinese Communist Iconography
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- A Touch From Heaven
- Memories of Alaska
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Why Hitting A Moose Is No Laughing Matter