Here is the complete video of Sarah Palin speaking at Indianola, Iowa on September 3:
(H/t Conservatives for Palin)
In the speech, Palin launched a full-throttle assault against the nexus between the permanent political class and crony capitalism. While this is exemplified by Barack Obama, she feels that both Democrats and Republicans are at fault, and that there needs to be a thorough housecleaning in Washington.
We see that America is hurting. We’re not willing to just sit back and watch her demise through some “fundamental transformation” of the greatest country on earth. We’re here to stop that transformation, and to begin the restoration of the country that we love.
[In November] we the people rose up and we rejected the left’s big government agenda. We don’t want it. We can’t afford it. And, we are unwilling to pay for it.
We are governed by a permanent politic class, until we change that. They talk endlessly about cutting government, and yet they keep spending more. They talk about massive, unsustainable debt, and yet they keep incurring more. They spend, they print, they borrow, they spend more, and then they stick us with the bill. Then they pat their own backs and they claim that they faced and solved the debt crisis–that they got us in–but when we were humiliated around the world with our country’s first credit downgrade, they promptly went on vacation.
No, they don’t feel the same urgency that we do. But why should they? Because for them, business is good. Business is very good.
Polls–they’re for strippers and cross-country skiers.
The only future that Barack Obama is trying to save is his own re-election. And he has shown that he is perfectly willing to mortgage our children’s future to pay for it.
Barack Obama is adrift, with no plan. Because his fundamental transformation is at odds with everything that made this country great, it doesn’t make sense–he doesn’t make sense.
America, we will always endure, we will always come through, we will never give up. We shall endure because we live by that moral strength that we call grace. Because though we’ve often skirted a precipice, a Providential Hand has always guided us to a better future. So, let us seek that Hand once more.
Ronald Reagan said, “If we every forget that we are one nation under God, we will be a nation gone under.”
Yes, “He shed his grace on thee”, America.
We will not squander what we have been given. We will fight for freedom. We will fight for America. We are at the tipping point. United we must stand. And we shall nobly save, not meanly lose, this last, best hope on earth.
She also took a slap at McCain for calling independent, common sense conservatives “Hobbits”.
In her speech she offered her plan for getting America back on track, through empowering the American people:
- She would see that the 10th Amendment is more strictly adhered to, and devolve powers to the local governments.
- She would repeal Obamacare and get rid of government regulations which are a boot on the neck of the American people, so that business can expand and begin hiring again.
- She would cut the debt and reform entitlement programs, but do so in a way that honors our commitment to the elderly.
- She would make sure that America becomes an energy superpower by developing the resources we already have, with the note that affordable energy is the key to a thriving economy. Energy independence would also mean that we no longer have to kowtow to foreign dictators because they have oil.
- She notes that we have the highest corporate tax rates in the industrialized world, and that our corporate taxes are even higher than in China and Cuba. Therefore, she would eliminate corporate taxes. In return, all corporate bailouts and corporate welfare–socialism for the very rich–will be eliminated. This would crush crony capitalism, and increase tax revenues as it would spur economic growth, adding jobs and increasing income.
This was in every way a campaign speech.
It is frankly bizarre that some commentators are criticizing Palin by accusing her of teasing or stringing people along. She obviously intends to run, but just has not made a formal decision or announcement yet. Mitch Daniels and Mike Huckabee both hesitated for months giving every signal that they were going to run, and then changed their minds. They were not criticized for this. Rick Perry made it clear as early as January that he intended to run, yet he was not criticized for waiting until August. There is still intense pressure being put on Paul Ryan and Chris Christie for them to run, yet they refuse. If they jump into the race, these same commentators would not accuse them of being a tease or stringing people along. We know this because some of these same commentators are the ones exerting the greatest pressure for Ryan or Christie to jump into the race to begin with.
All in all, this meme that Palin is a tease sounds a lot like talking points from some political campaign that wants to keep her out of the race, and then poison the well if she jumps in. There has been a lot of this kind of thing going on regarding Palin, which shows that she is feared by the political class and the MSM.
Conservatives pride themselves for not being “sheeple”, easily led astray by the MSM and political fun and games. Well, this is an opportunity to prove it by putting aside ridiculous accusations over trivial matters. These kinds of pathetic controversies about Sarah Palin are always being whipped up by members of the press and by political operatives too cowardly to come out into the open and state their case, and too bereft of ideas to win in a campaign based on the actual issues. One would think that conservatives would be able to see through this smoke and fog.
Thanks Texans for Sarah Palin for linking to this article.
- Palin in Indianola (blogs.dailymail.com)
- Tea Party of America & Sarah Palin Event Open Thread/Liveblog (caffeinatedthoughts.com)
- Palin warns Tea Party of ‘crony capitalism’ by 2 parties (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)