“We absolutely agree with the need to find out why Fast and Furious happened …”
Then why stonewall Congress for more than a year?
“… and why it was employed in the previous administration.”
Operation Fast and Furious was started in 2009, after Bush left office. There was a separate operation called Wide Receiver during the Bush administration, but unlike Fast and Furious the purpose of Wide Receiver was never to let guns walk or to break US law. (See here for details.) Carney and the Obama administration know this, which is why Attorney General Eric Holder yesterday withdrew the claim that Attorney General Michael Mukasey knew and approved of gun walking during the Bush administration. Holder lied to Congress when he made the original statement, and here we find Carney repeating this lie at the press conference.
“That is why we have provided Congress every document that pertains to the Operation itself that is at issue here …”
He must be kidding.
“… when you talk about the family you referred to.”
Jay Carney’s dissembling is bad enough, but the fact that he–as a spokesman of the Obama administration–appears to have no interest in the death of US Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, and was not even paying enough attention to learn his name speaks volumes.
People died because of Fast and Furious, but the Obama administration’s prime consideration appears to be CYA.
- President’s Spokesperson Forgets Name Of Slain Border Patrol Agent During Operation Fast & Furious. (floppingaces.net)
- Do’h! White House ‘forgets’ slain agent’s name (wnd.com)
- Jay Carney pretty much flubs everything about Operation Fast & Furious. (moelane.com)
- Latest Democrat who can’t remember murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry’s name (michellemalkin.com)
- Rush to Jay Carney: If Your Guy Stopped It, Why Not Release The Documents That Show Fast and Furious is Bush’s Fault? (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- WH Press Secretary Forgets Name of Slain Border Patrol Agent (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s “Executive Privilege”: Family of Border Patrol Agent Killed by Mexican Cartel with DOJ Weapons Says President Shielding Justice Department & “Compounding This Tragedy” (frugal-cafe.com)