On July 3, 2008, Barack Obama criticized George W. Bush for the national debt, saying that it was unpatriotic to owe so much money to China:
It is true that in eight years Bush added $4 trillion to the national debt. However, in his three years, Obama has added more than $5 trillion.
Who exactly is being “irresponsible” and “unpatriotic” here?
(H/t Hot Air)
- IF ADDING 4 TRILLION DOLLARS TO THE NATIONAL DEBT WAS “UNPATRIOTIC,” then what about Obama’s $5 Tril… (pjmedia.com)
- Remembering Obama’s ‘Unpatriotic’ Debt Comments (nationalreview.com)
- Walker, Ryan Target Obama’s ‘Unpatriotic’ Comment (nbc15.com)
- Republican National Committee Campaign Video: “Unpatriotic Debt” (uneditedpolitics.com)
- So, When it Comes to Debt, Who Is Unpatriotic Now? (lonelyconservative.com)