- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Look Who's Laughing
- A Touch From Heaven
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- John Lennon's School Report Card
- America is not God's Covenant Nation--Part 1: How God Covenants With a Nation and a People
- Memories of Alaska
- Out With the Lemmings, In With the Devastating Smilodons!
Category Archives: economics
(H/t The Blaze) In my neighborhood in Japan, one dollar can buy 5 ounces of raw pasta, about 2 ounces of raw rice, a bottle of water, 1/4 cup of coffee, or a small candy bar.
The Heritage Foundation has a fascinating new article which uses US Census data to explore the nature of poverty in America. While the article should be read in full, for the moment let us just focus on the following graph. … Continue reading
Today’s headline in the Financial Times declares, “China poised to pass US as world’s leading economic power this year”. This headline is misleading, however, as deep in the article, it notes that it is using the gross GDP as adjusted … Continue reading
… and opportunity is disappearing. Zero Hedge has posted two charts that tell us all we need to know about the state of the US labor force today:
Related articles FDR and the New Deal Did FDR’s policies help or prolong the Great Depression? 80 Years Ago FDR Ordered The Confiscation Of Americans’ Gold
A zero-sum game is a game where there must be a winner and there must be a loser. Better yet–a zero-sum game is a game where one person’s winning necessarily entails another person’s losing. Imagine a pie. For one person … Continue reading