- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2015 Boulder GOP Main Event Debate Recap
- Ah, To Be Young And In Love Again!
- Why I’m Leaning Towards Fiorina
- 2015 Reagan Library GOP Main Event Debate Recap
- 2015 Reagan Library GOP Main Event Debate Preview
- My Memories of 9/11
- Obama, Trump, and the Oprahfication of America
- Trump Versus Reagan On Immigration
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- What is Roe vs Wade? ... Uh, two ways of coming to the United States?
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Photo of the day: Train to Kameoka
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Photo of the day: The Old German Club, Shanghai, China
- The Thick, Black Theory
- My First Cavity Search (a children's book)
- The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves
Tag Archives: Asia
It is such an iconic scene. In the old days, the Bund was the financial center of Asia–like modern-day Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo combined. However, while Shanghai is now reascending, the Bund today is little more than a museum … Continue reading
The other day we posted a map of the USA, showing the Google autocomplete results for the question, “Why is [state] so…”. Now, Randal Olsen or Michigan State has published a similar map, but of Asia, using the question, “Why … Continue reading
This 1957 film made by the US Army is a real jewel. This does not really present a true picture of the US military in Japan during that era. My father came to Japan while on R & R from … Continue reading
The NOAA has posted a film loop of China at night, from 1992 to 2010. Here is their photo from 1992: And here is their photo from 2010: It is interesting to look at the countries surrounding China as well. … Continue reading
My first introduction to the thick, black theory was through the book Thick Face, Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu, which I read many, many years ago. The book promised to provide ancient Asian secrets to success, and had recommendations from … Continue reading
Rocket News 24 has a story about a Japanese study guide called, Non-essential English Vocabulary: Words that will never come up in tests. Here is an excerpt from an interview with the author of this study guide, Mr. Nakayama, “I … Continue reading
A noodle house called Tawaraya in Kyoto, Japan serves udon soup with a noodle so long and thick that only one noodle is used per bowl. We usually do not report on noodle shops, but this photo makes us so … Continue reading