- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Quote Of The Decade
- China’s Glorious New Internet Censorship Theme Song
- The ISIS Air Force?
- Scott Walker’s First Ad For President: “Our American Revival”
- What Kinds Of Food Are The Candidates Serving?
- A Bad Lip Reading of The NFL 2015
- Medieval Armor, For Cats And Mice
- When Are You Going To Say, “Enough!”
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- Why The US Is Still The Number One Economy In The World, And Will Remain So For A Very, Very Long Time
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- A Touch From Heaven
- "Twelve Reasons Why I Voted Democratic"
- The World's Oldest Swiss Army Knife
- Francis Schaeffer: How Should We Then Live (Episode 10)
- What Can One Dollar Buy Around The World?
- DIY Samurai Armor Kit
- The President's Priorities: The Government Snoops On Churches, But Not Mosques
Tag Archives: Christianity
Mark Steyn, in an article about Barack Obama’s patriotism and love of Christianity, quotes Theodore Dalrymple: In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor … Continue reading
Yesterday, I was waiting for a train at a distant train station when I found myself cornered by a stranger who wanted to talk. We got on the same train, so the conversation continued for about another hour until he … Continue reading
Once a wealthy African-American had to do business in Miami. After picking up his rental car at the airport, he began to drive downtown. However, as he had never been to Miami, he got lost, and stopped at a service … Continue reading
Whenever I hear people talk of a political or religious leader as being principled, honest, or humble, alarm bells immediately go off in my head. The reason? From bitter experience, I have learned that “principled” people will often do and … Continue reading
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11: 1. Before we can define “faith”, we must first define “hope”, as the Bible says that “faith is the substance of things hoped … Continue reading
Thousands of Christians in Wenzhou, China, have mounted a vigil around their local church in order to protect it from demolition. One would naturally expect a church building in China to be demolished if it belonged to the illegal house-church … Continue reading