- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- 1920s Ad: Drink Radioactive Water for Your Health
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- America is not the "Whore of Babylon"
- China Raises Poverty Limit
- Radium Brand Creamery Butter
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Canadian Man Keeps Buffalo As House Pet (photos)
Tag Archives: conservatives
Larry O’Connor makes a great point regarding the fixation many conservatives have on presidential politics: I hear it from half the callers on my talk radio shows. I read it in the comment sections of my favorite blogs. I see … Continue reading
Richard Cohen’s recent column in the WaPo is a marvel of calumny, logical inconsistency, and sloppy writing. First the calumny: Today’s GOP is not racist, as Harry Belafonte alleged about the tea party, but it is deeply troubled — about … Continue reading
In the midst of the government shutdown, there has been the expected flurry of polls showing that the GOP has taken a big hit. And of course, this has caused many in the GOP to begin to lose their nerve. … Continue reading
Peter Wehner has an interesting post in Commentary regarding the tenor of many people who go by the conservative banner. His post should be read in full, but here is the money quote: There have always been those in politics … Continue reading
I’m on a roll this week, offending some longtime readers of this blog. First, by calling out Sandy Hook conspiracy truthers as morons, and now with this: Key point: If states’ rights means more to you than individual God-given rights, … Continue reading
Ramesh Ponnuru made an interesting observation yesterday, which bears repeating: One false claim making the rounds about the House Republicans who defeated John Boehner’s “Plan B” last night is that they don’t understand that higher taxes are inevitable. A lot … Continue reading