- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- BBC's "Americanisms"--Are they really Americanisms, and is "Americanism" even a word?
- A Touch From Heaven
- Sakurajima Volcano Erupts
- DIY Samurai Armor Kit
- The World's Steepest Roller Coaster
Tag Archives: Japan
Since returning to Japan, I have been involved in many projects to earn a living for myself and my family, and as a seminary graduate I sometimes work part-time in Japan’s bridal industry. The bridal industry in Japan has a … Continue reading
(H/t The Blaze) In my neighborhood in Japan, one dollar can buy 5 ounces of raw pasta, about 2 ounces of raw rice, a bottle of water, 1/4 cup of coffee, or a small candy bar.
Yesterday, I was waiting for a train at a distant train station when I found myself cornered by a stranger who wanted to talk. We got on the same train, so the conversation continued for about another hour until he … Continue reading