- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- America is not God's Covenant Nation--Part 1: How God Covenants With a Nation and a People
- Look Who's Laughing
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- A Touch From Heaven
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- “The Forgotten Man” by Jon McNaughton, Controversial?
- DIY Samurai Armor Kit
- Why The US Is Still The Number One Economy In The World, And Will Remain So For A Very, Very Long Time
Tag Archives: Kyoto
Many years ago, I was invited with a group of Christians to go up to the top of a mountain overlooking Kyoto, Japan, to pray for the city and the people living there. Now, Kyoto is surrounded by mountains on … Continue reading
A noodle house called Tawaraya in Kyoto, Japan serves udon soup with a noodle so long and thick that only one noodle is used per bowl. We usually do not report on noodle shops, but this photo makes us so … Continue reading
Something even more beautiful than cherry blossoms … cherry blossom “snowflakes” falling to the ground. Sadly, after only a few days of the springtime breeze, the cherry trees are stripped of their pink splendor. (H/t Japan Style) Related articles Photo … Continue reading
Between the city of Kyoto and the town of Kameoka to the north-west, there is an old, narrow gauge train line winding through the mountains. The train line was long ago made redundant–there is a faster and larger train that … Continue reading
Heian Jingu is a large Shinto shrine in Kyoto. Like most Shinto shrines, there is nothing much to see there. However, there is a nice garden behind the shrine which is worth a stroll. This photo was taken from a … Continue reading