- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- A Touch From Heaven
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Tashkurgan, China: The Treacherous Road to School
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- America is not the "Whore of Babylon"
- 1920s Ad: Drink Radioactive Water for Your Health
- DIY Samurai Armor Kit
Tag Archives: Republican
Peter Wehner writes in Commentary, In an essay for COMMENTARY last year, Michael Gerson and I, writing on how the GOP can revivify itself and increase its appeal, argued that it had to focus on the economic concerns of working-and middle-class Americans, many of … Continue reading
ZoNation: “If you can’t even take your own party back, what makes you think you can take the country back?”
This is the inimitable Alonzo Rachel, explaining why a third party is a bad idea. Though I don’t agree with him 100% on his basic thesis, he makes some sound points. A third party should be the last resort. Rather, … Continue reading
So, we have CPAC, which it seems like half the Republicans in the nation were not invited to, and which a good many conservatives were also not welcomed. At gatherings like this, everyone has their own advice, and when a … Continue reading
Contrary to the latest reports in the state run media, the idea of sequestration did not come from the GOP–it was initiated by the White House. To see why sequestration was proposed and accepted, we need to go back to … Continue reading
This is Mark Sanford’s first ad for his new congressional campaign: For those not up to speed, Mark Sanford is the former governor of South Carolina, and was tipped to be a major contender as a social conservative for the … Continue reading
Avik Roy, commenting on Neal Freeman’s post about the Buckley Rule, attempts to refute the conventional wisdom that support for Barry Goldwater in 1964 was a good thing: This “Goldwater’s defeat begat Ronald Reagan and the conservative movement” thesis is … Continue reading