- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- A Touch From Heaven
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Canadian Man Keeps Buffalo As House Pet (photos)
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- 1920s Ad: Drink Radioactive Water for Your Health
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- America is not the "Whore of Babylon"
- China Raises Poverty Limit
Tag Archives: Ronald Reagan
These are highlights from the live CBS broadcast of “The Dark, Dark Hours”, from December 12, 1954. The punch comes near the end of the video. Apart from mumbling too much and at times overacting, Dean does a creditable job. … Continue reading
Avik Roy, commenting on Neal Freeman’s post about the Buckley Rule, attempts to refute the conventional wisdom that support for Barry Goldwater in 1964 was a good thing: This “Goldwater’s defeat begat Ronald Reagan and the conservative movement” thesis is … Continue reading
Dan Reihl has a long, rambling post that needs editing, but that hits the nail on the head as far as conservatism is concerned. Here are some excerpts: Conservatism didn’t dominate for a decade under Reagan because the Right suddenly … Continue reading
A zero-sum game is a game where there must be a winner and there must be a loser. Better yet–a zero-sum game is a game where one person’s winning necessarily entails another person’s losing. Imagine a pie. For one person … Continue reading
It may seem odd to many people today, but the main budgetary issue for old-time conservatives was not taxes, but fiscal responsibility. If, during the 1920s, one had asked whether it was better to have lower taxes or to have … Continue reading
The music and lead-in to this debate were reminiscent of the lead-ins to the NFL play-off games. And indeed, since there will be not be another 2012 GOP debate for another month (or possibly ever), this debate took on the … Continue reading