- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Quote Of The Decade
- China’s Glorious New Internet Censorship Theme Song
- The ISIS Air Force?
- Scott Walker’s First Ad For President: “Our American Revival”
- What Kinds Of Food Are The Candidates Serving?
- A Bad Lip Reading of The NFL 2015
- Medieval Armor, For Cats And Mice
- When Are You Going To Say, “Enough!”
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Why The US Is Still The Number One Economy In The World, And Will Remain So For A Very, Very Long Time
- "Twelve Reasons Why I Voted Democratic"
- A Touch From Heaven
- The World's Oldest Swiss Army Knife
- What Can One Dollar Buy Around The World?
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- DIY Samurai Armor Kit
- Francis Schaeffer: How Should We Then Live (Episode 10)
Tag Archives: Tea Party
FiveThirtyEight reports that after a preliminary look at the numbers, Thad Cochran probably won his Mississippi run-off election because of a cross-over vote from Democratic African-Americans: It’s clear that Cochran’s vote increases were correlated to the percentage of African-Americans who live … Continue reading
Theda Skocpol has an interesting piece in the Atlantic explaining why the Tea Party isn’t going away any time soon. She writes from the perspective of someone who generally dislikes the Tea Party and what it stands for, so some … Continue reading
Before discussing the modern Tea Party movement and its faults and failures, it would be good to elucidate some points about the original Boston Tea Party, which occurred on December 13, 1773, almost exactly 240 years ago. The British government … Continue reading
In a conference call on October 30, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had some strong words for the Tea Party. According to a source reporting to Breitbart News, McConnell said the Tea Party was ‘nothing but a bunch of bullies … Continue reading
Richard Cohen’s recent column in the WaPo is a marvel of calumny, logical inconsistency, and sloppy writing. First the calumny: Today’s GOP is not racist, as Harry Belafonte alleged about the tea party, but it is deeply troubled — about … Continue reading
Here are two news stories that came out this morning. They need no commentary–their juxtaposition really says it all. The first is from the Investor’s Business Daily: The White House assures that tracking our every phone call and keystroke is … Continue reading