- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Memories of Alaska
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- The Huge Difference Between Food In The 1950s And Today
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- Why The US Is Still The Number One Economy In The World, And Will Remain So For A Very, Very Long Time
- Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist
- Francis Schaeffer: How Should We Then Live (Episode 9)
Tag Archives: Tea Party
FiveThirtyEight reports that after a preliminary look at the numbers, Thad Cochran probably won his Mississippi run-off election because of a cross-over vote from Democratic African-Americans: It’s clear that Cochran’s vote increases were correlated to the percentage of African-Americans who live … Continue reading
Theda Skocpol has an interesting piece in the Atlantic explaining why the Tea Party isn’t going away any time soon. She writes from the perspective of someone who generally dislikes the Tea Party and what it stands for, so some … Continue reading
Before discussing the modern Tea Party movement and its faults and failures, it would be good to elucidate some points about the original Boston Tea Party, which occurred on December 13, 1773, almost exactly 240 years ago. The British government … Continue reading
In a conference call on October 30, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had some strong words for the Tea Party. According to a source reporting to Breitbart News, McConnell said the Tea Party was ‘nothing but a bunch of bullies … Continue reading
Richard Cohen’s recent column in the WaPo is a marvel of calumny, logical inconsistency, and sloppy writing. First the calumny: Today’s GOP is not racist, as Harry Belafonte alleged about the tea party, but it is deeply troubled — about … Continue reading
Here are two news stories that came out this morning. They need no commentary–their juxtaposition really says it all. The first is from the Investor’s Business Daily: The White House assures that tracking our every phone call and keystroke is … Continue reading