- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Touch From Heaven
- America is not the "Whore of Babylon"
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- Tashkurgan, China: The Treacherous Road to School
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- Can You Answer This Hong Kong Elementary School Admissions Test Question?
- America is not God's Covenant Nation--Part 1: How God Covenants With a Nation and a People
- Japan Announces Designs For Coins Commemorating The Tohoku Earthquake And Tsunami
- 1920s Ad: Drink Radioactive Water for Your Health
Tag Archives: Tea Party
FiveThirtyEight reports that after a preliminary look at the numbers, Thad Cochran probably won his Mississippi run-off election because of a cross-over vote from Democratic African-Americans: It’s clear that Cochran’s vote increases were correlated to the percentage of African-Americans who live … Continue reading
Theda Skocpol has an interesting piece in the Atlantic explaining why the Tea Party isn’t going away any time soon. She writes from the perspective of someone who generally dislikes the Tea Party and what it stands for, so some … Continue reading
Before discussing the modern Tea Party movement and its faults and failures, it would be good to elucidate some points about the original Boston Tea Party, which occurred on December 13, 1773, almost exactly 240 years ago. The British government … Continue reading
In a conference call on October 30, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had some strong words for the Tea Party. According to a source reporting to Breitbart News, McConnell said the Tea Party was ‘nothing but a bunch of bullies … Continue reading
Richard Cohen’s recent column in the WaPo is a marvel of calumny, logical inconsistency, and sloppy writing. First the calumny: Today’s GOP is not racist, as Harry Belafonte alleged about the tea party, but it is deeply troubled — about … Continue reading
Here are two news stories that came out this morning. They need no commentary–their juxtaposition really says it all. The first is from the Investor’s Business Daily: The White House assures that tracking our every phone call and keystroke is … Continue reading