- Follow The Tree of Mamre on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2015 Boulder GOP Main Event Debate Recap
- Ah, To Be Young And In Love Again!
- Why I’m Leaning Towards Fiorina
- 2015 Reagan Library GOP Main Event Debate Recap
- 2015 Reagan Library GOP Main Event Debate Preview
- My Memories of 9/11
- Obama, Trump, and the Oprahfication of America
- Trump Versus Reagan On Immigration
- Designer Makes Women's High Heels From Horses' Hooves
- What is Roe vs Wade? ... Uh, two ways of coming to the United States?
- A Comparison of the Chinese and American Aircraft Carrier Fleets
- Photos of the day: Waiting for the Bus, Shanghai
- Photo of the day: Train to Kameoka
- What is the Tree of Mamre?
- America is not the "Whore of Babylon"
- The Truth About "Vain Imaginations"
- My First Cavity Search (a children's book)
- The Huge Difference Between Food In The 1950s And Today
Tag Archives: United States
There are very strong parallels between the phenomenon of Obama in 2008 and 2012, and Trump in 2016. In both cases, by any objective measure, one cannot say that people supported these men based upon policy considerations. Indeed, when one … Continue reading
Yes, Barack Obama is so cool. I mean, like, he’s black, you know, and I’m so proud that America has a black president, and he’s so cool, and we are all so cool for electing him, and everyone is cool … Continue reading
David French has a powerful post regarding his support for the second Iraq War. It should be read in full, but here is the key section: Earlier this week, progressive Christian writer Jonathan Merritt called me out by name as an … Continue reading
The Heritage Foundation has a fascinating new article which uses US Census data to explore the nature of poverty in America. While the article should be read in full, for the moment let us just focus on the following graph. … Continue reading
(Via the archives of the New York Times) In a wide ranging press conference yesterday afternoon, President Obama claimed that despite the recent suicide of Germany’s top leader, he sees no military solution for the conflict in Europe and plans … Continue reading
This blog is now five years old. Can you believe it? Time really has travelled fast. I started this blog when I was laid up after back surgery in Shanghai, China, and in turmoil because my wife was nine months … Continue reading